Our client between the Flushing/Flint area is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor for their 2nd shift. They are a well-established automotive manufacturer that directly supply GM and other large automotive companies.
- Supervises and directs manufacturing employees includes prioritizing and distributing their work assignments to start lines at start of shift
- Responsible for the daily tracking and data entry of production, including but not limited to, through put, scrap, downtime, etc. into the Manufacturing Pro System
- Analyzes production data and implements production changes and/or preventative maintenance changes to increase efficiencies and reduce costs
- Assesses production equipment needs and providing solutions to improve department efficiencies and reduce costs
- Communicates and works with other Supervisors and Managers to develop and maintain a level production schedule that will meet customer requirements.
- Assists in research and development projects as needed
- Responsible for quality procedures that affect this work area
- Responsible for knowledge and implementation of company policies and procedures including but not limited to reviews, disciplinary actions, and use of employee personal protective equipment
- Responsible for the timely completion of performance records for all subordinates
- Participate in preventive actions where appropriate. Conduct corrective actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required
- Comply, support, maintain and participate in all aspects of the Integrated Management System.
- Participate as requested in needs analysis and attend and perform the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for his/her position
- Participate as requested for independent objective auditing activity and support company continual improvement activities
- Responsible for helping to create and maintain a culture of open communication, trust, continuous improvement and performance with internal and external customers
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary or assigned
Pay Rate: Salaried, 40 to 50k
Job Type: Full-Time