Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Rate: $17-28/hr
Shift/Hours: Mon-Fri, 6am to 4:30pm
Our client in Saginaw, MI is searching for an experienced Processing/Releasing employee. This position directly impacts the appearance and durability of customer products. Our client is well-know and established manufacturing facility that specializes in design, machining, welding and fabrication, assembly, and quality.
- Evaluate, create, document, and follow through the processing steps required for machining and manufacturing projects from beginning through completion.
- Comply with specifications and requirements as outlined by clients and within company capabilities.
- Collaborate with company estimators and others to ensure best processing methods.
- Work closely with project managers and quality personnel to maximize product integrity and cost efficiency.
- Process and route machining and manufacturing projects.
- Lead contract review. Review cost history upon project completion and update process sheets and routers for future repeatability.
- Identify appropriate materials, tooling, sources for outside services, and cost improvements
- Education – High School Diploma, but Associates in Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in machine tool industry
- Strong organizational skills, extensive knowledge of various machinery (mills, lathes, welders, etc.) as applicable to the business group, excellent communications and leadership skills.
- Excellent blueprint reading skills including interpretation of mechanical and assembly drawings, GD&T, ISO and MIL-Standards, GMP Standard, customer quality and processing specifications, computer/ typing skills and materials and secondary or special processes.