PMC is searching for an experienced Maintenance Technician with a strong electrical background in the Flushing/Flint area. Our client is a well-known automotive manufacturer of components directly supplied to GM and other large automotive companies.
Maintenance is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing machinery as needed. Other Job Responsibilities:
- Joins, fabricates and repairs metal and other weld able material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Troubleshoot, install and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical devices.
- Fabricates guards for equipment.
- Completes preventative maintenance for all equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs machines, equipment and facility involving mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Various maintenance duties, including but not limited to threading and fitting of pipe systems, programmable controller operations, welding and mechanical fabrication.
- Die protection and safety installation and repair.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor in assessing maintenance equipment needs and providing solutions to improve department efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety equipment is in place and press can be operated in a safe manner.
- Responsible for understanding what each tooling piece controls and the ability to distinguish tooling problems from equipment problems.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping functions in their work area and shared facility space, including but not limited to: ensuring no trip hazards, organization, cleaning equipment, sweeping, mopping.
- Responsible for all quality requirements for each job performed and strive to perform at 100% efficiency.
- Properly complete all required paperwork.
- Responsible for following all safety and work rules.
- Responsible for knowledge of quality procedures that affect this work area.
- Participate in preventive actions where appropriate. Conduct corrective actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required
- Mechanical abilities, willing to further develop skills hands on
- Electrical abilities including power switches, encoders, willing to further develop skills hands on
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams
- Ability to read ladder diagram
- Ability to read blue prints including GDT
- Ability to weld using various methods
- Must have a working knowledge or ability to learn pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical power sources along with a mechanical aptitude
- Prefer experience with Fanuc robots
- Prefer experience in Fanuc CNC controls
Pay Rate: $15-17/hr – Depending on Experience
Shift: 2ND (Roughly 3pm to 11:30pm)
Job Type: Full-Time