Job Type: Full-Time, 60 Temp-To-Hire
Pay Rate: $14-16/hr
Shift/Hours: 1st Shift
- Negotiating with and managing vendor/customer resources and deliverables.
- Assist and monitor issues regarding quality, delivery, packaging, and assist with quality containment when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and scheduling of outgoing and incoming shipments while monitoring commitments and delivery dates. Expedite rush or late deliveries including necessary paperwork.
- Assist in ensuring customer requirements and deadlines are made in all applicable functions.
- Participate in preventive actions where appropriate. Conduct actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required
- Ability to explain how his/her position impacts customer satisfaction and contributes to the Integrated Management System.
- Communicate and manage the support of customer production and service facilities.
- Maintain a working understanding of the supply chain in all related functions.
- Observe and comply with all safety environmental, regulatory and statutory requirements associated with his/her job description
- Comply, support, maintain and participate in all aspects of the Integrated Management System.
- Participate as requested in needs analysis and attend and perform the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for his/her position
- Participate as requested for independent objective auditing activity and support company continual improvement activities
- Responsible for continuous improvement, and recommending solutions to problem solving/cost reduction ideas
- Responsible for updating and maintaining returnable packaging requirements for customers
- Create a culture of open communication, trust, continuous improvement and performance with internal and external customers
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary or assigned
- Represent client interests, core values, and opportunities with discretion and tact with all parties outside of the company
- Data driven decision-making ability
- Ability to read, interpret, and maintain daily shipping documents
- Demonstrated PC computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook E-mail)
- Ability to plan – determine priorities and effectively schedule work and to function in an organized manner that addresses critical issues and are supported by an effective plan
- Light to moderate physical effort required in performing normal job duties, with part-time normal and part-time concentrated attention and coordination required for normal job duties.
- Prefer minimum 2 year degree in Purchasing/Logistics or equivalent work experience
- Prefer strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; English
- Extensive customer service experience
- Detail oriented individual with the ability to work independently.
- Prefer strong problem solving skills
- Computer skills or ability to learn
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Good planning and organizational skills