When you are on the job hunt, it seems like there are countless ways to apply for jobs, from flipping through online ads to utilizing Facebook, it can be hard to know where to begin!
Sometimes, you just need a little help.
That’s where a staffing agency comes in to play! Staffing agencies can help you find your dream job and help connect you to a company that you might not ever have known was hiring. Follow these 6 tips to help you understand how to work, and work better, with a staffing agency!
- Pick the right agency. A quick google search can help you pick an agency that specializes in your field of choice. Some staffing agencies even have multiple specialties (like PMC!). A good staffing firm will also take the time review your resume and help you make changes that will make you more hire-able.
- Be honest. Honesty is important in any relationship, and the same holds true with your relationship with a recruiter. The more up front that you are about what you’re looking for, the better your recruiter will be to find a job that matches what you need. If you can’t work weekends; if you want overtime; if you want a certain pay range: tell your recruiter!
- Take the interview seriously. Treat your interview with your recruiter like a real job interview (Hint: It is)! That means it is important to arrive on time, dress professionally for your career field, and be respectful to everyone in the office. Your recruiter’s impression of you will be what sticks in their mind as they look to find you the right job!
- Take advantage of free training. Many staffing firms offer courses and programs that were designed to help you grow and develop the skills needed for a specific career field. These classes and system training courses will often be free of charge, but will be unpaid. Completing these courses, will make it that much easier for you to find a great career!
- Ask questions. If you’ve never worked with a staffing firm, things can get confusing. If you have any questions about any step of the process, feel free to ask! Your staffing firm wants you to succeed in your career, so they are always there to answer questions you might have.
- Be open-minded. Even if you’re only seeking a permanent, direct hire, full-time job, take a moment to listen to what part time, contract, or temporary work jobs are open! These positions could help you experience a new career field and add skills to your resume.It is also an amazing way to get your foot in the door at a new office or company.
If you are looking to find a great career, but aren’t sure where to start, visit www.PMCWorks.com and see what we can do to help you! From medical careers to manufacturing jobs, administrative positions to skilled labor, PMC is here to make sure you can find a career you love!